The theatrical experience “A manual on work and happiness” looks for 20 participants
Do you want to get involved? To get on a stage without necessarily being an actor / actress? Have you ever wondered what is the relationship between work and happiness?
From 19 June to 6 July you can participate together with other 20 inhabitants of the Alta Valsugana-Bernstol Community to create a theatrical show with the company mala voadora (for the first time in Italy!) which will open the 43rd Pergine Festival.
A group of 20 people, ordinary people, of all ages, genders, professions and origins, following an instruction manual, will create a show. They will tell stories. They will question what will happen in the future: who will work, what will work look like, for who we will work, with what rhythms …
And so, between each story, we will look for that positive, but so complex, state of mind that bears the name of happiness.
Working and being happy, together, is it possible?
The call to participate in the project is open until June 15, 2018. The artistic residency will take place from 19 June to 5 July 2018: during the creative process the participants will be coordinated by Jorge Andrade, artistic co-director of the Portuguese company mala voadora. The final show will be held July 6, 2018 at 21.00 at the Teatro Comunale di Pergine, at the opening of the 43. Pergine Festival. The title of the show will be A manual on work and happiness, based on texts written by Pablo Gisbert.
The weekly commitment of the participants will be estimated according to their availability, in the evening hours.
– there are no limits of age, profession, genre or previous experience of theatrical experience;
– domicile or residence in the area of the Alta Valsugana and Bersntol communities;
– constant commitment and presence during the work period.
– 19 June at 8.30 pm – public meeting for the presentation of the project at the Sala della banda in Pergine (via Pontara) together with the director Jorge Andrade. During this date the timetable will be defined, according to the availability of the participants.
– 20 June / 3 July – reading of the manual dealing with the relationship between work and happiness, discussions and sharing, rehearsals and setting up of the show (Canale di Pergine gymnasium, in the evening time to be defined)
– 4/5 July – general rehearsals at the municipal theater of Pergine
– 6th July – final show premiere on the stage of the municipal theater of Pergine
FOR INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
Write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will answer all your questions and send you the pre-registration form.